Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Art is important for kids because...
1. Art stimulates both sides of the brain.
2. The kids learn by using their senses and art is ideal in this process
3. The kids need a place to express themselves at school.
4. Art promotes self esteem
5. Art encourages kids to give more attention to the physical space that surround them.
6. Art develops hand and eye coordination.
7. Art stimulates perception.
8. Art teaches them to think openly. It represents a culture of questioners more than a culture of responders.
9. Art teaches that there is more than one solution for a problem.
10. Art teaches kids to think creatively to solve problems.
11. Kids can share and reflect on their work of art and learn something about the world they live in.